OIG is organized into seven operational units: the Immediate Office of the Inspector General, Office of the Counselor, Office of Audits and Evaluations, Office of Healthcare Inspections, Office of Investigations, Office of Management and Administration, and Office of Special Reviews. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 60 locations throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
This position may be filled in any of the following locations: Arlington, VA; Aurora, CO; Austin, TX; Baltimore, MD; Bay Pines, FL; Bedford, MA; Dallas, TX; Decatur, GA; Hines, IL; Kansas City, MO; Los Angeles, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; or Washington, DC.
As a/an Supervisory Veterans Claims Examiner, you will:
- Manage and supervise work through project managers and other supervisors, and direct and coordinate work for as many as 20 staff members and support personnel.
- Develop and implement methods to promote team building and improve business practices.
- Provide direction and guidance to ensure that all project work is performed in accordance with VA, OAE, and OIG requirements, and applicable professional standards.
- Provide direction to an inspection team that is responsible for planning and conducting inspections, evaluations and/or reviews of benefit claim ratings and related programs, functions, systems, and operations of VBA.
- Manage the Division's administrative activities, including budgeting, travel, training, and management information reporting.
50% or less - 1 to 5 nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616882200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.