You will serve as an ENGINEER or SCIENTIST in the Ship and Submarine Design Tools Branch (Code 823) of the Future Concepts and Design Integration Division, of the Naval Architecture and Engineering Department of the Carderock Division of CARDEROCK DIV NS.
This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-5 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-14 and GS-15.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as a Principal Software Developer
- You will analyze and present trade-offs in tool performance and capabilities against software and data architecture decisions to inform development teams, customers, and program managers
- You will lead software development, including requirements generation, architecture design, coding, testing, debugging, and processes
- You will develop requirements from feature requests, and recommend approaches to provide those features within schedule and budgeting constraints
- You will design, write, and maintain code for all components of a software product, including but not limited to: graphical user interfaces, mathematical modeling and simulation, data exchange and data management, and test unit development.
- You will mentor and train junior computer scientists in all technical disciplines of ship or submarine design software including: ship design and engineering, physics-based modeling and simulation, numerical analysis, and data visualization
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616863200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.