This position is located on the Ouachita National Forest, Caddo-Womble Ranger District.Learn more about this agency
The purpose of the position is the planning and implementation of a recreation resource program including lands, recreation special uses, wilderness, developed sites, dispersed recreation, trails, scenery management, interpretive planning, and scenic byways.
For additional information, please contact Amanda Walrod at 870-490-1157 or by email at email@example.com.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
- Provides professional advice and support in the planning, designing, development, implementation, and evaluation of recreation program/project activities.
- Develops and maintains effective external cooperative relationships with government agencies, non-governmental organizations, conservation groups, private foundations and others interested in partnering with the Forest Service.
- Evaluates the effects of recreation use on other Forest resources, and evaluates forest areas and their potential for natural resources activities.
- Develops technical progress reports of findings when needed and makes presentations of the information when needed.
- Participates on interdisciplinary teams for considering all alternatives in the resource project description and design.
- Assures goals and objectives are being met in the approved resource land management plan.
- Evaluates recreation needs in planning, organizing, advising on, and administering recreation activities and programs which promote the physical, creative, social, and environmental development of participants.
- Identifies need for, analyzes, and recommends schedules and priorities within Forest recreation programs.
- Provides technical and administrative supervision to subordinate employees.
- Evaluates work performance. Gives advice, counsel or instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters.
- Foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization.
- Promote an inclusive work environment that is free from all types of discrimination.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616859500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.