Assists the Chief Mathematical Statistician, especially in the analysis of data by means of mathematical statistics and numerical analysis, using computers.Learn more about this agency
- Initiates, plans, and conducts innovative research in mathematical statistics and data analysis, including analyses of sample survey data, classification and discrimination problems, multivariate analysis, analysis of count data,
- [CONT] stochastic models for social, economic and administrative systems and design and analysis of experiments and sampling programs in administrative and operational systems.
- Devises statistical techniques, computer techniques, sampling procedures, experimental procedures, and related statistical measures for isolating, identifying and measuring quantitatively the relationships among the key
- [CONT] sociologic, medical, economic, operational, administrative or quality control factors that affect results obtained in the administration of social security programs.
- Initiates, plans, and conducts basic research studies in mathematical model development, numerical analysis, and the creation of original algorithmic procedures.
- Provides guidance and consultative services in the concrete formulation of statistical problems and in the design of unusually complex statistical systems. When necessary, supervises the conduct of special tests, experiments, and pilot studies.
- Explores the potential of new technological development to improve the operational processes of the Administration; tests policies for their adequacy in attaining desired operating objectives;
- [CONT] and to examine interrelationships among program areas of the Social Security Administration.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616767500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.