EPA Office of Inspector General provides independent and objective oversight to detect and prevent fraud, waste, and abuse related to EPA programs and operations. The OIG strives for continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of the EPA OIG’s management and programs operations. The OIG staff are respected and sought after by the Agency and other federal entities. The OIG is an agent of positive change and the choice for driving accountability and trust in federal programs.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of Counsel, Congressional and Public Affairs (OCCPA), Legal Affairs Directorate (LAD). The Office of Counsel provides independent legal and policy advice to all components of the OIG on a variety of substantive and procedural matters relating to the OIG’s audit, evaluation, investigation, and other activities. This office represents the OIG in administrative litigation before the Merit Systems Protection Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the U.S. Department of Labor. OC manages the OIG ethics program, providing ethics training, advice, and financial disclosure reviews.
The ideal candidate will perform the following duties:
- Receiving, processing, monitoring, and analyzing difficult and/or complex FOIA requests, ensuring compliance with Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act laws, regulations and policies.
- Independently planning, completing and coordinating assignments, activities, projects, evaluations and reports with professional and legal staff to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Providing accurate and timely technical assistance regarding disclosure of FOIA records using automated processing systems to assist management, staff or the public.
- Researching, interpreting and analyzing legal issues, records policy and internal procedures and applying extensive knowledge of records systems, statutes and precedents to ascertain whether responsive records are complete and to make recommendations for agency action.
- Answering and responding in a comprehensive manner to FOIA appeals inquiries, complaints and litigation.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616560100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.