The incumbent of this position serves as a project manager and plans and conducts complex analyses, audits, evaluations and reviews of NASA programs, projects and operations to evaluate the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of program and functional operations; determine compliance with applicable laws and regulation; and/or evaluate the adequacy of internal controls.Learn more about this agency
**Announcement responsibilities section has been amended for clarification of duties**
- Manages overall audit operations, policy development, and quality assurance functions for the Office of Audits to ensure NASA meets stated goals; determines measures to improve operational services, personnel, and organization resources.
- Proposes innovative audit ideas and products. Ensures audit reports and supporting working papers are accurate, timely, and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Manages audit software (TeamMate) support for audit teams and oversees audit recommendation tracking, monetary savings, and audit performance tracking.
- Performs complex analyses of highly unstructured problems related to policy options and issues; resource allocation and decision modeling; cost/benefit analysis; statistical methods; and various applications to specific public policy topics.
- Resolves critical problems and provides expert analysis and advice on a wide variety of program issues, identifies relevant topics for review, and makes recommendations to improve Agency program management.
- Leads teams by promoting teamwork and motivating staff to work collaboratively to achieve high levels of synergy to optimize audit products.
- Supervises staff; including performance evaluation, skill and competency assessment, and other routine personnel actions such as leave, travel, and training approval. Holds employees accountable for performance through constructive feedback.
- Prepares and guides others in creating written documents that are accurate, well organized, concise, and understandable (including detailed oversight, policy analysis, and performance management reports) for complex subject matter.
- Directs the capture analysis, and reporting of agency performance.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616539400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.