This vacancy is for a Statistician (Data Scientist) position in the Center for Economic Studies located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line – Suitland Station.Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Statistician (Data Scientist), GS-1530-13, FPL: GS-13 positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
- Plans, initiates, and directs continued programs in data science. Projects including scientific, statistical, and predictive techniques (e.g., regression analysis, statistical analysis, modeling, mathematical programming, and data visualization).
- Collects, sources, processes and cleans data. Writes and executes program code to perform complex processes that is clear and efficient, interpret and analyze results, and uses data visualization to communicate insights and outcomes to stakeholders.
- Defines data requirements and integration of enabling technologies to collect, extract, engineer, and transform data from traditional and non-traditional sources.
- Uses knowledge of developments and advancements in these data science topics, and identifies opportunities to incorporate the latest technology or techniques and to minimize potential negative impact on current projects.
- Identifies and uses a wide variety of internal and external data sources and collaborates with Census Bureau directorates and external parties to identify and address potential barriers associated with accessing, analyzing, and using the data.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616281600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.