About the Position: Serves as a Life-Cycle Project Manager, with overall responsibility for planning, scope, development, design, construction and direction of important civil works/military projects. Integrates sponsor/customer requirements and participation into a comprehensive management plan that is fully coordinated with all contributing agencies and organizations.Learn more about this agency
- Assures the overall management, control, coordination and execution of assigned projects.
- Negotiates and integrates all District functions sponsor/customer needs and other agencies' commitments in support of assigned project into a comprehensive management plan.
- Provides input to the District operating budget related to projects assigned.
- Coordinates planning, design, cost-engineering, construction and environmental restoration for engineering projects of substantial scope and complexity.
- Controls and manages project milestones and budgets from planning through construction and initial operations.
- Reviews and analyzes cost reports to assure charges are all authorized and appropriate; identifies unauthorized charges and assures corrective actions are taken for the ultimate disposition of inappropriate charges.
- Monitors progress, measures performance and takes necessary corrective action to maintain agreed-upon schedule and cost.
- Provides status reports on projects assigned (progress, issues, trends) to the District corporate leadership (Project Review Board).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 10% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616236400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.