This position is located in the Office of the Chief Actuary, Office of Short-Range Actuarial Estimates, Headquarters Main Complex, Woodlawn, MD.Learn more about this agency
This is a career ladder position description leading to the full performance position description, Actuary, GS-1510-12, position number 1B135.
- Prepares responses to inquiries from members of Congress, other government agencies and members of the public.
- Works with higher-grade actuaries on comprehensive studies related to short range cost estimates of present Social Security programs and proposed legislation.
- Prepares estimates of short range actuarial parameters relative to the OASDI insured and beneficiary population.
- Analyzes beneficiary and benefit data and prepares actuarial tables and reports for use in government publications.
- Planning and conducting comprehensive studies and projects applying the theories and practices of the actuarial science to the analysis, inter?pretation and presentation of data essential to SSA program planning, evaluation and general management.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616200700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.