Qualifying Specialized Experience must demonstrate the potential to perform in progressively more responsible positions in the information resource management field. An applicant's work experience will be evaluated for level of responsibility and length of experience.
To qualify as Specialized Experience, 60% or more of the duties must be related to:
Work with computers, upgrade, repair, replace hardware and software components; or work with network devices, switches and routers; or performing Sys-Admin functions such as: mail server maintenance; add, delete and assign users to roles, patch management and server maintenance; configure or administer virtual network environment; Program Management for IT projects or Data Analytics experience; or expertise in cybersecurity/cloud computing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Characteristics
1. Knowledge of information technology, IT telecommunications, radio systems, the cloud, off-the-shelf (COTS) software, IT technology assessment, systems integration, information security, cybersecurity, virtualization, PBX and VoIP convergence, IT shared services, data analytics and data management, project management principles and IT planning, IT acquisition process, techniques in leveraging IT to satisfy business needs, problem and resolution tracking procedures, customer service theory and techniques, managing processes and operations, and management theory.
2. Specialized skills in IT modernization, integrating local IT mission with Global IT vision, translating business needs into technical solutions, IT asset management, IT project management, information security, customer service, presenting technical concepts in layperson terms, enterprise systems, desktop and peripherals, network infrastructure, mobile services, and video conferencing.
3. General skills in critical thinking, active learning, instructing, active listening, coordination, service orientation, persuasion, monitoring, equipment selection, time management, installation, learning strategies, complex problem solving, systems evaluation, management of personnel resources, systems analysis, management of material resources, judgment and decision making, management of financial resources, equipment maintenance, mathematics, negotiation, technology design, repairing, operations monitoring, operation and control and quality control analysis.
4. Superior oral and written communication skills: In order to perform the duties of an IMS, successful applicants must consistently meet a high standard for English, both written (overall structure as well as grammar, spelling and punctuation) and spoken (overall structure as well as delivery, clarity and succinctness).
5. Other requirements: cross-cultural awareness, tolerance of travel and being on call, tolerance for working overseas, tolerance of varying work environments, world-wide availability, tolerance of living away from family, attention to detail, dependability and integrity.