We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect public health and the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner. We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse. We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place. Come join the team!Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Inspector General, Office of Audit, Pollution Control and Cleanup Directorate -or- Environmental Investment and Infrastructure Directorate.
The Pollution Control and Cleanup directorate conducts performance audits and program evaluations to determine the efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance of EPA’s programs including Air and Radiation, Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention, Land and Emergency Management, and Water.
The Environmental Investment and Infrastructure Directorate conducts performance audits and program evaluations of EPA funding and management of environmental programs delegated to state, tribal, and local programs, including those related to infrastructure, to determine whether they meet and comply with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
Individuals with environmental science, environmental engineering, social sciences, public health science, or other sciences, accounting, business administration, finance, policy analysis, public policy, public administration, or related degrees are strongly encouraged to apply.
Individuals who are Certified Environmental Auditors, Certified Professional Environmental Auditors, or Certified Process Safety Auditors are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will perform the following duties:
- Supervise, inspire, motivate and coach team members on practices and procedures within their assigned area.
- Review and coordinate assignments and tasks; effectively and efficiently evaluating the work of team members to ensure the meeting of legal, regulatory, congressional and public requirements and expectations.
- Assess staff performance, as appropriate
- Serve as a senior-level technical resource to provide guidance and consultation to audit policy and procedures with their assigned area.
- Write clear and comprehensive reports on complex or sensitive subject areas in accordance with applicable standards.
25% or less - Up to 25% travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616001200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.