The National Indian Gaming Commission's primary mission is to work within the framework created by the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA) for the regulation of gaming activities conducted by tribes on Indian lands to fully realize IGRA's goals: (1) promoting tribal economic development, self-sufficiency and strong tribal governments; (2) maintaining the integrity of the Indian gaming industry; and (3) ensuring that tribes are the primary beneficiaries of their gaming activities.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) for the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) within the Division of Technology (DoT). The CISO performs duties as assigned and delegated by the Chief Information Officer. This position provides leadership and direction to DoT activities with specific responsibility for developing and implementing the strategic direction of all information processing and communication systems and operations for the agency. Serves as the process owner of all information assurance activities related to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of agency information in compliance with the Commission's information security policies.
Major duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops, through consultation with the leadership of the agency, the strategic direction of all information processing and communication systems and operations for the agency.
- Implements and maintains the NIGC information security program involving the full range of policy development, information security and privacy training, and security enforcement and monitoring of NIGC information technology systems. Also supports the enterprise vision and strategy, and ensures information assets and systems are adequately protected.
- Develops and interprets policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of services throughout the agency to support short and long range agency goals, objectives and plans.
- Provides overall management and definition for all NIGC operating systems, security architecture and performance baselines, cyber risk and intelligence, data loss and fraud prevention, identity and access management and communication activities.
- Serves as the Agency security point of contact to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division. As required under FBI CJIS Security policy, the CISO will serve as the designated CJIS Systems Agency Information Security Officer (CSA ISO) for the NIGC and will be responsible for ensuring Agency technical compliance with FBI CJIS requirements.
- Maintains awareness of current IT threats and vulnerabilities impacting agency users and staff. Ensures the agency is in compliance with OMB Circular A-130, FISMA, the agency's IT Security Plan, Executive Presidential orders related to IT modernization and cloud services and other applicable security-related laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance, direction, and coordination in developing appropriate security standards governing the agency's IT functions.
- Provides oversight, and promotes the use of innovative technologies using secure, risk based methodologies to ensure that information and records are secure, properly managed, and readily accessible.
This position is in the excepted service and not subject to competitive service procedures. Competitive Civil Service status is not acquired under this appointment. New appointees to the excepted service must serve a two year trial period. Merit Promotion procedures do not apply.
The NIGC has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework with supervisor's approval.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel occasionally for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615875700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.