The purpose of this position is to administer and perform professional work and provide professional consultation in the application of statistical theories, techniques, and methods of gathering and/or interpreting quantified information.Learn more about this agency
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, some CDC employees have been authorized to work virtually. However, when CDC is cleared to return back to work, you will be required to report to the location identified in the vacancy announcement for which you applied.
As a Mathematical Statistician, you will:
- Provide advice and assistance for statistical projects or studies that are new or significant departures from the relationships established in previous problems, studies, or investigations, causing outcomes that are usually original in nature.
- Provide expert assistance in techniques such as logistic regression analysis, categorical data analysis, multiple regression analysis, and techniques involving mixed models, and applies innovative analytical approaches to surveillance and epidemiological investigations.
- Provide authoritative advice on optimal research design and analysis methods and on the impact that alternative research/study designs may have on study analysis and validity.
- Design and develop mathematical statistical models, methods, and/or techniques such as sample and survey designs for related data collection.
- Evaluate data resulting from the application of mathematical statistical tools, models, methods and techniques to the public health area.
- Serve as senior technical advisor developing methods and selecting techniques to conduct methodological research to improve sample surveys or experimental designs; to conduct evaluations of data collection, reduction, processing, and analysis methodologies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. 5% Domestic.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615844500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.