This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Strategic Integration Directorate; Plans and Exercises Department.Learn more about this agency
As a CWMD PLANNER at the GS-0301-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serving as a Countering WMD (CWMD) strategy, policy, doctrine and planning specialist accomplishing broad analytical efforts upon which DTRA and the Plans & Exercises Department develop plans, strategy, and doctrine, as well as programs, policies, procedures and systems determinations related to the CWMD military missions and national security strategies.
- Providing responsible interdisciplinary analytical capability involving broad, undefined complex issues of either a special or recurring nature.
- Researching suspected problem areas; identifies key variables or factors; and developing practical and innovative solutions based on knowledge of the organization's long and short term goals.
- Developing plans, providing CWMD planning support to Combatant Commands and DoD Components, and preparing, coordinating staffs and presenting DTRA, Directorates and Divisions positions on CWMD campaigns, crisis action and contingency plans affecting the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Staff, Combatant Commands, DoD Components, Military Services, and Defense Agencies.
- Independently planning and completing projects which may include preparation and presentation of decision papers, briefing materials, speeches, and correspondence.
- Developing doctrinal concepts, position papers, and decision tools for integration into CWMD mission planning at strategic and operational levels.
- Developing and presents formal briefings on the results of such projects to senior officials within DTRA, Combatant Commands, DoD Components, Services, Joint Staff and OSD.
- Participating as member of a CWMD Plans Team able to deploy in support of the Combatant Commander and other federal departments/agencies(D/As) in crisis action planning and contingency operations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615691400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.