This position is located in GAO's Science, Technology Assessment, & Analytics (STAA) Team, Innovation Lab. The STAA is devoted to enhancing & expanding its support to Congress in conducting technology assessments, oversight of federal science and technology programs, & development of innovative analytical techniques in carrying out audits and evaluations. The Innovation Lab aims to meet Congress's growing need to understand the science and technology of the future. To learn more visit: STAALearn more about this agency
The STAA, Innovation Lab is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a Technologist to perform the following:
- Applies best practices in DevSecOps to configure, integrate, containerize, orchestrate, and harden open source, web, and cloud-based services, tools, and other computational resources within established information security boundaries. Cloud-based services include Amazon Web Services (AWS) Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS, both GovCloud and standard accounts), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), and other evolving as-a-service capabilities.
- Applies knowledge of a variety of software, computational, and/or engineering disciplines and interrelated advanced concepts to independently evaluate options as well as lead prototyping efforts across the innovation lifecycle on emerging technologies. These emerging technologies may include distributed ledger technologies (DLT or blockchain), Internet of Things, robotic process automation (RPA), virtual/augmented realities, and 5G technologies.
- Applies leading federal cybersecurity practices as described in the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) cybersecurity framework to secure prototype solutions, infrastructure, and services.
- Conducts frequent research across academia, public sector institutions, and commercial providers to collaborate with outside experts for foresights into emerging technologies and how they may impact oversight work in near-term, medium-term, and long-term horizons.
- Facilitates change management across processes, methods, and team cultures to successfully integrate innovative emerging technologies. The incumbent needs to understand of Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and other standards relevant to GAO work to advise mission teams on best technical approaches to achieve quality results.
- Participates in forums, conference, seminars, and panels as expert speakers to articulate technical methodologies as well as oversight considerations. The incumbent may also be called to author or contribute contents for publication, review GAO products for supportable conclusions regarding sound methodological practices, and provide presentations to both internal GAO customers and external customers such as Congressional staff.
- Identifies deficiencies in problem statements, proposed approaches, and/or data access issues which are significant to the design, development, execution, and reporting out of emerging technologies pilots of the Innovation Lab.
- Supports the Assistant Director for Emerging Technology in developing, defining, and driving GAO’s strategy with regard to the exploration and deployment of emerging technologies for improved or novel business outcomes.
- Expands GAO’s prototyping capabilities through a rigorous process of problem definition, ideation, review, revision, and execution to determine the most promising solutions and approaches which, if successful, could profoundly change the business of audit, investigations, and program evaluation for the future GAO.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615096600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.