We are looking for nutritionists to join our team supporting USDA's Child Nutrition Programs, Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women Infants and Children (WIC), and Food Distribution Programs! Working with our public, private and non-profit partners, our mission is to increase food security and reduce hunger by providing children and low-income people access to food, a healthful diet and nutrition education in a way that supports American agriculture and inspires public confidence.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as an expert and provides leadership in carrying out Organization, Agency and Departmental nutrition and nutrition education goals.
- Develops nutrition education and training resources to support the Federal Nutrition Programs using multiple communications channels.
- Identifies and interrelates new developments that may affect the goal, operation, and effectiveness of Federal Nutrition programs in terms of nutritional services, nutrition education and food service systems management.
- Develops and administers grants, contracts, and cooperative and interagency agreements to meet the goals of the Federal Nutrition Programs.
- Provides expert advice to program operators, industry, professional associations, and Congress on how foods fit within Child Nutrition meal patterns and/or WIC food packages.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615012700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.