OIG is organized into seven operational units: the Immediate Office of the Inspector General, Office of the Counselor, Office of Audits and Evaluations, Office of Healthcare Inspections, Office of Investigations, Office of Management and Administration, and Office of Special Reviews. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 60 locations throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled in one of the following VAOIG locations: Arlington, VA; Asheville, NC; Aurora, CO; Austin, TX; Baltimore, MD; Bay Pines, FL; Bedford, MA; Buffalo, NY; Canandaigua, NY; Cleveland, OH; Columbia, SC; Dallas, TX; Atlanta, GA; San Diego, CA; Decatur, GA; Denver, CO; Fayetteville, NC; Gainesville, FL; Hines, IL; Houston, TX; Jackson, MS; Kansas City, MO; Katy, TX; Las Vegas, NV; Long Beach, CA; North Little Rock, AR; Los Angeles, CA; Lyons, NJ; Manchester, NH; Martinez, CA; Miramar, FL; Minneapolis, MN; Montgomery, AL; Nashville, TN; New Orleans, LA; New York City, NY; Newark, NJ; Oakland, CA; Orlando, FL; Phoenix, AZ; Pittsburgh, PA; Portland, OR; Richmond, VA; Sacramento, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Antonio, TX; Seattle, WA; Spokane, WA; Tallahassee, FL; Trenton, NJ; Washington DC; West Palm Beach, FL
The Supervisory Health Systems Specialist is assigned to the VA Office of Inspector General's (OIG) Office of Healthcare Inspections (OHI). The incumbent serves as the Vet Center Inspection Program (VCIP) Director and oversees and directs a staff of Associate Directors, Health Systems Specialists, Nurse Consultants, and program analysts to conduct Vet Center program evaluations and assessments of operational effectiveness of VA's Readjustment Counseling Services' Vet Centers.
As a Supervisory Health Systems Specialist, you will:
- Evaluate Vet Center programs in accordance with VA's Readjustment Counseling Services policies and procedures.
- Oversee and coordinate daily OHI activities, including those actions that entail resource and project planning and management, communication, and written reports in accordance with OHI policies.
- Perform special assignments, as assigned, in monitoring the quality of care provided by VHA.
- Develop and train staff to form high-performing teams.
- Present results, findings, and recommendations to a wide variety of audiences, including VA leaders and Congressional members and their staff.
50% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614916600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.