This position is being advertised as 100% remote work.Learn more about this agency
We are seeking highly motivated professionals to join our team. If you want challenging work and a chance to make a big impact, come join us at the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Commerce! We improve the effectiveness of the Department's programs and operations. We also investigate waste, fraud, and abuse in the Department and those who do business with it.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Develops audit guides/programs covering highly complex functions of a major Department function or multi-mission activity, or develops segments of audit guides/programs for highly complex agency-wide or major corporation audits.
- Organizes and analyzes information using applicable statistical methods and software and uses auditing software to document work in accordance with auditing standards.
- Demonstrates an expert working knowledge of generally accepted government auditing standards (GAGAS); quality standards for Inspection and Evaluation (CIGIE); and the Office of Audit and Evaluation (OAE) policies and procedures; and complies with these standards for data analysis efforts.
- Responsible for the preparation of finding outlines and completing assigned areas of audit reports in accordance with GAGAS, CIGIE and OAE policies and procedures.
- Communicates orally or in person and in writing, especially with audit management and auditees, including when views inconsistent with audit findings are presented.
Occasional travel - Less than 20% travel required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614807700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.