This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG). The incumbent of this position will work within the Office of the Deputy Inspector General for Investigations (DIG INV), Defense Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS), Mid-Atlantic Field Office.Learn more about this agency
As an Investigative Analyst, GS-1805-11, the incumbent performs the following duties at the full performance level of the position:
- Monitor, coordinate, analyze and evaluate complex and law enforcement sensitive data from criminal investigations and operations (i.e. product substitution, terrorism, tech transfer, major theft, e-business, environmental, kickbacks, and healthcare).
- Analyze, review and compile criminal investigative data to discern trends or pertinent trends or pertinent investigative case characteristics.
- Research information systems, commercial and legal publications, and other law enforcement and compliance database systems.
- Prepare data trend analysis and/or abnormality reports for dissemination to DCIS organizational components, management and field activities.
- Provide advice and guidance to DCIS field agents concerning investigative data and trends.
- Collaborate with DCIS analyst and criminal investigative analysts from other organizations to share information and investigative data analysis strategies.
- Assist agents in subject and witness interviews, prosecution preparation, and meetings with outside agencies.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614524200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.