The USPS OIG is seeking a highly qualified applicant to fill our Information Technology Security Specialist position in the Office of Chief Information Officer (CIO) located in Arlington, VA.Learn more about this agency
The successful candidate will be an expert technical authority responsible for the Security Operations Center (SOC) function and for information technology security (Cybersecurity/InfoSec) engineering, design, and system authorization. Responsibilities include solving significant problems complicated by interfaces and inter-relationships between and among programs, systems, functions, policies, and numerous critical issues for agency-wide information technology solutions, operations, and maintenance supporting the security of agency infrastructure, systems, and information.
Candidates will be evaluated on the skills that they possess that are directly related to the duties of the position and the experience, education and training that indicate the applicant's ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position. Only those candidates who meet all qualification and eligibility requirements and who submit the required information by 11:59 PM EST on 10/01/2021 will be considered.
The USPS OIG uses a Pay Banding system, which is equivalent to the Federal GS scale. Grade and salary determinations will be made based upon a candidate's education and professional experience.
This position is being advertised at the Specialist Band level, equivalent to a GS-14. The salary range for this position is $122,530.00 - $159,286.00. The salary figures include locality pay.
Please note that the duties and responsibilities associated with this position may vary based upon the agency's needs at the time of hire. The following description of major duties and responsibilities is only intended to give applicants a general overview of the expectations.
- Establishes, implements, and interprets the requirements for agency compliance with policy directives governing cybersecurity protection.
- Performs thorough security operations center analysis of potentially malicious or suspicious threats.
- Effectively administers and sustains an enterprise level application security scanning tool for major cloud-based applications.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to on-premises and cloud-based systems, networks, and data.
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- Promotes awareness of security issues among management and ensuring sound security principles are reflected in organizations' visions and goals.
- Conducts systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews.
- Develops cybersecurity policies, plans, processes, and procedures.
- Develops and implements cybersecurity training programs to ensure that on-premises and cloud-based systems, networks, and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to systems security policies and procedures.
- Participates in network and system design to ensure implementation of appropriate cybersecurity policies.
- Facilitates the gathering, analysis, and preservation of evident used in the prosecution of cybercrimes.
- Assesses security events to determine impact and implementing corrective actions.
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security/cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all IT services.
- Coordinates the review and evaluation of the agency cybersecurity protection program, including policies, guidelines, tools, methods, and technologies.
- Identifies current and potential problem areas.
- Updates or establishes new requirements.
- Makes recommendations for a fully compliant cybersecurity protection program to be implemented throughout the agency.
- Monitors agency compliance with cybersecurity protection requirements across IT programs.
- Adjusts program guidelines in response to changing technologies.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614523400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.