About the Position: Incumbent will work under the supervision of the Lockmaster at a high-lift navigation lock and dam facility on the Ohio or Kanawha River. Serve as Lock and Dam Equipment Mechanic Supervisor at the Willow Island Lock and Dam located in Reno OH providing technical direction to other mechanics, lock and dam operators, and seasonal maintenance personnel, and assumes operational responsibility in the absence of the Lockmaster.Learn more about this agency
- Provide general guidance and direction, and distribute and balance the daily workload at a high lift navigation lock and dam facility.
- Incumbent will perform troubleshooting, diagnostic maintenance inspections and repair work.
- Schedule day-to-day maintenance and repair work.
- Provide technical direction to full-time journeyman mechanics and other personnel
- Inspect, adjust, test, operate, and replace worn or defective parts.
- Perform complex diagnoses and troubleshooting to determine the cause of breakdowns or malfunctions.
- Disassemble electrical/mechanical interlocking systems to determine extent of repairs and/or overhaul.
- Install new equipment/systems to replace antiquated or obsolete equipment.
- Install temporary circuits to bypass faulty parts, fabricate parts, or substitute.
- Work from blueprints, building plans, schematic drawings, wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, and manuals.
- Inspect, troubleshoot and/or disassemble electric, gasoline, and diesel engines.
- Operate a rail-mounted bulkhead cranes and a mobile rail-mounted cranes.
- Serve as Primary Credit Card holder and/or approver.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614219800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.