Defense Human Resource Agency's mission is to provide program support, information management, and administrative services to the DoD Components on human resource matters and to collect, archive, and provide management information, research, and analysis of human resources and other related functional area databases for the DoD.Learn more about this agency
This position is being posted under OPM's Direct Hire authority for Information Security positions: For more information please see: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/#url=Governmentwide-Authority
As a Supervisory IT Specialist (INFOSEC) at the GS-2210-14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
As a Supervisor Branch Chief of the Cybersecurity Division, you will be responsible for overseeing DHRA Threat Hunting and Verification of Fix Program, Incident Response, External Reporting and Auditing and technical and SME support to DEOC's Insider Threat Program. You will also lead a team supporting the above areas.
- Oversee the Threat Hunting objectives and activities. Develop strategy, standards, processes, and methodologies for the standing up of the DHRA Threat Hunting program.
- Conduct Threat Hunting actions and campaigns on DHRA Field Activity. Ensure activities align with appropriate DoD and DHRA policies and procedures.
- Conduct Verification of Fix (VoF) actions validate vulnerabilities reported as remediated have been correctly remediated. This includes Validation for finding for previous Threat hunting activities, CPTs, DOD VDPs, and other external assessments.
- Remain up-to-date on the latest hacker capabilities through training and study.
- Develop, mature and streamline Threat Hunter Playbooks.
External Reporting and Auditing:
- Oversee Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) notices management to include distribution, acknowledgment, reporting and compliance verification to all component agencies of field activity.
- Oversee and manage DHRA responsibilities regarding JFHQ, USCC, and other external agency orders and compliance activities. Manage process for execution and compliance to orders. Regularly report compliance status of order to management.
- Cyber lead and coordinator for all cyber related external audit activities (CCRI, CCORI, DODIG, RedTeam, BlueTeam, etc).
- Oversee CSSP activities and engagements.
- Oversee and prioritize actions during the detection, analysis and containment of an incident.
- Maintain strong technical background through training and study to effectively manage security incidents and respond to threats and assess risk.
- Develop operational playbooks and IR policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Cyber Operations Branch to help drive detection and monitoring technology such as logging, malware detection, Security Incident and Event Managment (SIEM) and other technologies.
- Support DEOC as the technical SME for the Insider Threat Program. Adhere and assist in implementing the DoD and DHRA Insider Threat policies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613999500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.