The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a first level supervisor to a geographically dispersed workforce, providing planning, directing, organizing, and exercising control over nonsupervisory GS-2210 series employees assigned to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information Technology (OIT), IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO), Support Systems (SS).Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
NCWF Code 451 - System Administrator
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Duty Location Status: Will work remotely from home or will work from a VA owned or leased space.
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Specialist (SYSADMIN)/ PD18491A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and to attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Some employees may carry light items, such as papers, books, or small parts, or drive a motor vehicle. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Serves as a working supervisor under the Virtual Desktops and Applications Service Line Manager with supervisory duties associated with Virtual Desktop and Applications.
- Manages the package of support functions required to field and maintain the readiness and operational capability of virtual desktop and applications systems and components.
- Evaluates the impact of changes in business needs, evaluates feasibility, identifies solutions, and presents recommendations to Service Line Manager.
- Oversees the development of technical data, estimates, statistics, suggestions, and other information useful to higher level OI&T managers.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjust short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work; assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments
Supervisory Probationary Period: Applicants selected for this position may be required to serve a one-year supervisory probationary period. Failure to successfully complete the supervisory probationary period will result in the employee being reassigned to a position in the agency of no lower grade and pay than the one the employee left to accept the supervisory or managerial position.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613977300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.