About the Position: This is an Interdisciplinary, GS-12 position with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Southwestern Division (SWD), Fort Worth District, Regional Planning and Environmental Center (RPEC). This is a permanent and full-time position that may be filled at any of the following duty locations: Fort Worth, TX; Galveston, TX; Little Rock, AR; or Tulsa, OK. The duty location chosen is at the discretion of management and will be determined at the time of selection.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as an interdisciplinary study manager, independently planning, directing and coordinating a number of multipurpose, comprehensive and regional/statewide water resource civil works projects.
- Determines the scope of the project and detailed study objectives, develops study concepts, and defines approaches to completion of the various study elements.
- Conducts studies, either directly or by guiding the work of project team members or subordinates.
- Determines water resource problems and areas needing improvement.
- Represents the Corps of Engineers at meetings with agencies, groups or individuals.
- Prepares correspondence to higher authority, other agencies, members of Congress, and general public.
- Assists the Section Chief in preparing section budgets, data for testifying officers, status reports, fact sheets and other periodic reports.
- Provides technical planning project support to the Project Manager (PM) under the Programs and Project Management function.
- Serves as the point of contact (POC) with customers on technical and study management issues.
- Ensures funds are available for obligation and expenditure.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 20% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613975100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.