The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of the following cities in New York: Brooklyn, Mamaroneck, Mount Sinai, New York City (Bronx - Queens - Staten Island), New Hyde and Yonkers as temporary local hires. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. Apply for this exciting opportunity!Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
Local Hire employees:
- Help FEMA respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards by performing a variety of emergency management functions which are not limited to disaster survivor assistance, conducting and verifying damage assessments, and providing administrative, financial and logistical support.
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Local Hire appointments may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Work within 23 different Cadres which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Each Local Hire is hired to a position within a Cadre based on his or her skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience in customer service. As a Local Hire (Emergency Management Specialist 1), you will assist with local Disaster Recovery Assistance. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
In this position, you will serve as a member of the Disaster Assistance support staff at the local Disaster Recovery Centers and Joint Field Operations.
Typical assignments include:
- Serving as the primary point of contact for persons inquiring about disaster assistance.
- Communicating directly with disaster survivors, to discuss case status and provides clarification with the assistance process, disaster assistance programs, and the current status of their case.
- Entering data into an automated tracking system and providing other basic administrative support.
- Using Microsoft Office computer software to support administrative assignments.
- Reviewing registration forms and requirements for Federal and/or State programs and preparing correspondences/communication for required follow-up actions.
- Assisting in preparing field office emergency management plans and policies, procedures, and risk assessments to ensure essential functions are executed, and are consistent with statutory and agency requirements.
- Facilitating on-going communications with internal operations staff and corresponding operational staff of other Federal agencies.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613967500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.