This position is located in Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD) and is responsible for portfolio management of major VA IT investments and initiatives, and to advise senior management regarding IT project planning, budgeting, acquisition, and execution of projects and products.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
- OPM Cyber Code # 801 - Program Manager
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Duty Location Status: Will work remotely from home
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Program Manager/ PD18535A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary and does not require any special physical effort. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Employee may carry light items such as papers, books, and portable computer requirement. The work often requires long hours to meet project deadlines and to devise corrective action and solutions to unexpected technical and/or management crises resulting in sometimes highly stressful work situations.
- Oversees the development of detailed program/project plans, tasks, schedules, and ensures identification of required milestone dates
through coordination with IT Project Managers and stakeholders, to ensure proper sequencing of events, work efforts, and resources to accomplish objectives
- Coordinates with senior agency leaders and technical personnel within OIT to ensure architecture is compliant with regulatory policies, communication, software standards and with user requirements
- Oversees the selection and proper employment of tools and methods to track progress throughout the life cycle of the project
- Applies technical knowledge to ensure project schedules and objectives are accomplished in accordance with established milestones
- Uses managerial techniques and quantitative analysis, to monitor work in progress, and evaluate the status and progress of work accomplished in terms of quality, efficiency, and effectiveness in achieving objectives
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613929300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.