The incumbent performs various testing and chemical analysis in support of the assigned lab. Typically, analyses are performed to determine the acceptability of the product in relation to contract specifications, quality control requirements, and regulations of various agencies. The incumbent in this position serves as a Physical Science Technician.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Operates sample preparation equipment and analytical instrumentation sufficient to perform sample preparation and analyses by applying established methods and procedures.
- Logs samples into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Distributes samples to the appropriate lab section for preparation and testing.
- Logs chemicals received into the chemical inventory system.
- Prepares laboratory samples for testing by following sample grinding and homogenization procedures for each type of sample.
- Cleans and maintains equipment utilized for sample preparation in a proper manner.
- Assists in the shipment of materials from the laboratory to other locations as necessary.
- Washes glassware for each analytical section as needed and as directed by supervisor.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613867300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.