This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
This position is located within the Department of Commerce (DOC), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Alaska Fisheries Science Center (AFSC), Resource Ecology and Fisheries Management (REFM) Division with one vacancy located in Juneau, AK or Seattle, WA.
As a Supervisory Research Economist, you will perform the following duties:
- Serve as a Principal Investigator preparing, coordinating and directing the implementation of a research program or project involving social sciences such as economics, anthropology, and sociology.
- Develop data collections and assess scientific information in support of the program or project.
- Provide responsibility for all aspects and phases of the research work and an authoritative source of technical guidance as a subject matter expert to other functional specialists both internal and external to the organization on social science research involving performance of scientific studies and analyses.
- Investigate, analyze, and assess a variety of complex science problems or situations and present recommendations and techniques on appropriate methods or procedures for better understanding or solving problems.
- Ensure the completion of annual reports and research products targeted toward informing the public, NOAA staff and fishery managers.
Occasional travel - Up to 15% domestic and foreign travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613812600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.