One position located on the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest in Salt Lake City, UT or Spanish Fork, UT or Heber City, UTLearn more about this agency
This position serves as a Fish Biologist responsible for planning, administering and providing professional expertise and assistance in fishery resource management. This position also supervises a small staff.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Daniel Jauregui at email@example.com.
- This position supervises 20% or less of the time.
- Develop plans related to the protection and management of aquatic resources, including fish passage, stream inventory, stream productivity, stream utilization, physical and biological characteristics, endangered or sensitive species.
- Provide recommendations relating to fishery resource/fish habitat requirements, other management activities, including streamside/riparian area and watershed protection.
- Lead the design of fish habitat and population monitoring studies and strategies to collect new data required for ensuring habitat and population maintenance.
- Participate in management investigations and surveys necessary for protection, restoration and enhancement of fish habitat.
- Review proposed land management projects in order to make specific recommendations through the environmental analysis process for fisheries habitat protection and enhancement.
- Provide aquatic ecosystem and fishery input during the planning phases of road construction projects, timber sales, micro-hydro projects, and livestock grazing allotment management plans, threatened, endangered or sensitive species. etc.
- Plan and execute studies including cost/benefit analyses, methods to be used, timing, coordination to obtain information on the effects of forest management on fish habitat populations in order to correlate fish management with other resource uses.
25% or less - Occasional travel may be required to attend meetings and/or training and travel to project sites.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613769200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.