This position is located in the South Bend Area Office of the Agricultural Marketing Service, Specialty Crops Program, Specialty Crops Inspection Division. In this position you will serve as the Administrative Support Assistant responsible for providing technical guidance and oversight of the day-to-day administrative service operations for the field office.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing customer accounts in various billing programs, reviewing financial printouts for accuracy, monitoring delinquent accounts and preparing certificates.
- Prepares, reviews and submits Time and Attendance reports, travel authorizations and vouchers, general correspondence and accident forms.
- Composes and types correspondence, either independently or from brief, verbal instructions or rough drafts.
- Supervises the maintenance of all records and files in the area office.
- Follows supervisory instructions in handling Freedom of Information Act Requests from the National office.
- Utilizes a computer to prepare and input various accounting and personnel records
- Resolves employee pay problems, including non-receipt of salary checks, travel checks and savings bonds
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613709100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.