The selectee will serve as a Research Study Coordinator and will oversee all aspects of research studies located at the Orlando VA Healthcare System (OVAHCS) Research and Development (R&D) Service. This position will require an individual who understands the basic principles of scientific investigation and clinical trials, who is capable of in-depth understanding of the study protocol, and who can make difficult decisions independently.Learn more about this agency
Typical duties would include, but are not limited to;
- The Research Study Coordinator will function as a member of a multidisciplinary research and operations enterprise; therefore, communication and flexibility are highly valued characteristics.
- Requires an individual who understands the basic principles of scientific investigation and clinical trials, who is capable of in-depth understanding of the study protocol, and who can make difficult decisions independently.
- Must possess scientific, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Develops policies, procedures and criteria for administration of the organization's health science research program.
- Reviews regular project status reports and statistical data to verify compliance with research reporting and administrative criteria.
- Responsible for all IRB, R&DC, SRS and regulatory submissions ensuring no lapse in review.
- Prepares consolidated reports for management functions and higher echelon review.
- Administers screening, advisory and approval processes for the organization's health sciences research program.
- Gathers statistical and narrative data on project status, including resource utilization, statistical data on participation, adherence to protocols on matters such as participant education, control of data, and other similar matters.
- Uses objective rating techniques to identify potential research participants such as information garnered from the Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW), VINCI or other databases.
- Recruits participants, providing information on study objectives and constraints, establishes interviews with the qualitative team.
- Coordinates the accomplishment of the scientific (merit) review and evaluation of research programs to provide recommendations or decisions for program strategies, modifications, budgeting, or improvements.
Compressed/Flexible: Not available
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Health Science Specialist/675-07269-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613639700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.