The positions are with the USDA, Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), Commodity Procurement Program (CPP). You will serve as a Supervisory Contract Specialist (Branch Chief) for one of two Branches; Dairy, Grains and Oilseeds Branch or Livestock, Poultry and Fish Branch. The direction and supervision of this work requires knowledge of acquisition policy and procedures, and marketing functions and practices.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Directs, coordinates, and maintains relations with producers and trade groups.
- Participates with the Division Director and other USDA officials in the development of plans and policy on matters having broad implications.
- Determines and recommends budget and resource plans.
- Development of the purchase schedule for the assigned program area.
- Ensures all actions taken are in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, and are processed in a timely manner.
- Provides direction and guidance for economically carrying out the movement of agricultural commodities to meet overall program requirements.
- Develops performance standards for team employees and evaluates work performance.
- Analyzes training needs of subordinates and ensures that appropriate formal and on-the-job training is received.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613638800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.