This position is assigned to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), DevOps, IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Enterprise Command Operations (ECO), and Enterprise Service Desk (ESD).Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
431- Knowledge Management
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
This announcement is non-bargaining
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Duty Location Status: Will work from a VA owned or leased space
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Customer Support)/ PD14243A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The position is sedentary. Sitting, standing, walking, bending, or occasional lifting of boxes weighing up to 40
pounds is required.
- Working knowledge of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service/support model and ITIL request, incident and change management processes.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and be able to work in a highly stressful environment; working well under pressure and in strict guidelines while providing sound practical judgment of priorities.
- An intermediate to advance knowledge of IT troubleshooting techniques is required to include but not limited to installation, configuration, and troubleshooting techniques supporting hardware and software components.
- Able to apply his/her knowledge in the daily performance of duties ensuring a high degree of accuracy and completeness in the data entered to ensure proper documentation.
- Oral and written communication skills to communicate complex technical requirements or solutions to nontechnical personnel. Employee must demonstrate effective interpersonal and writing skills.
- Ability to exercise innovation and creativity in devising solutions to problems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5% of the time for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613512100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.