Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Lake Havasu City Arizona. Information about Lake Havasu City and the surrounding area can be found at https://www.havasuchamber.com/.
We expect to fill 1 vacancy at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- Ensure collections from public lands, and the associated records, are deposited in repositories that meet federal curatorial facility standards.
- Design and implement resource inventory strategies and sampling designs to obtain required data on heritage resources within a given project area.
- Conduct inventories to locate heritage resources and determine impacts due to developmental activities in accordance with applicable federal laws, regulations and policies.
- Recommend and/or determine eligibility of heritage resources for inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places and provides recommendations for reducing or eliminating adverse project impacts.
- Conduct outreach and educational activities about heritage resources and values at schools, in the field, or at other community venues.
- Ensure that inventory and site data are entered, managed, and utilized in various geospatial databases.
- Ensure that reports and data meet the format specifications mandated by BLM policy and that the heritage resources data inthe system is updated and accurate.
- Prepare and describe heritage program projects as part of the Planning Target Allocation (PTA), Annual Work Plan (AWP), Mid-Year Review (MYR), and End of Year (EOY) processes.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
11 - If selected at GS-9, promotion to the GS-11 is at the discretion of the supervisor, the employee completing the time-in-grade and satisfactory performance requirements, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613503200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.