Learn more about this agency
This position falls under the Fiscal Service Line located at the Jamaica Plain Ma Campus.
All current and former Federal employees must provide a copy of their most recent SF50
All applicants must submit transcripts to be considered for this position
The selectee performs comprehensive financial and compliance audits, analysis, and evaluations of the financial operations and related procedures. Incumbent is responsible for the completion of the Fiscal internal audit/systematic review, specific Internal Audits of Agent Cashier, Employee Accounts, Patients Funds, General Post Funds, Voucher Audit, and Accounting. Also performs the following and other duties as assigned:
- Makes recommendations regarding any weaknesses identified, and ensures corrective follow-up action is recorded.
- Performs Internal Control Audits as outlined in the VA Financial Policies and Procedures, Management Accountability for Internal Controls, Volume I, Chapter 5.
- Evaluates the current system of internal control to detect weaknesses in control procedures.
- Ensures proper accounting and auditing principles and procedures are enforced to properly and accurately record financial transactions.
- Conducts special audits, surveys, reviews, evaluations, studies, and reports as requested by the Assistant Chief Fiscal Officer, Chief Fiscal Officer, Medical Center, VISN Directors, VA Central Office, and the Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
- Audits will be performed by examining accounts and financial records for the purpose of certifying or attesting the financial records accurately represent the financial position of the organization as of a predetermined date; and to conduct activities related to the detection of fraud, waste, and abuse.
Work Schedule: Full time 8:00am-4:30pm
Telework: Yes as determined by agency policy.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Auditor/PD007250
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
NOTE: This position is an AFGE Bargaining Unit position.
NOTE: This position is covered by locality-based comparability pay.
NOTE: Travel and relocation expenses are not authorized.
NOTE: Selectee may be required to work at any Boston Healthcare System campus, as needed.
NOTE: Candidates who meet the qualification requirements within 15 calendar days following the closing date of the announcement will be considered.
NOTE: Current Federal employees must submit copies of their most recent SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action).
NOTE: Time-in-Grade Restriction - Applicants who are current Federal employees and have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. The grade may have been in any occupation but must have been held in the Federal service.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613469300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.