DFAS is using the DoD Post Secondary Recent Graduate Direct-Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit and appoint qualified recent graduates directly into competitive service positions in professional and administrative occupations. If an individual cannot be appointed within the timeframes specified in the Qualifications section, he/she will not be provided further consideration under this DHA and/or a tentative job offer may be withdrawn.Learn more about this agency
Selections will be made at entry grade of GS-07 or GS-09.
- Provides advisory services to customers, resolves complex issues regarding HR functional areas to include staffing, classification and position management, benefits, learning and development, information systems or labor/employee relations.
- Recruitment and Placement: Advises managers on recruitment options and strategies. Work involves recruiting, examining, selecting and placing employees and performing job analysis to develop effective selection tools for specific positions.
- Position Management and Classification: Advises managers and supervisors regarding position management and the efficient use of civilian positions. Performs position audits and writes position descriptions and evaluation statements.
- Benefits/Workers' Compensation: Advises management and customers on federal benefits programs to include health, life, retirement, Thrift Savings Program (TSP), and Workers' Compensation Program.
- Learning and Development: Works with agency customers to assess the training needs of the agency. Participate in the design, development, delivery and evaluation of employee training and development initiatives.
- Labor and Management Employee Relations: Advises and counsels managers and supervisors regarding employee relations, labor relations, performance management, leave administration and incentive and performance award programs.
- HR Information Systems: Works with functional end-users to ensure the efficient use of HR Information systems; supports data management and retrieval, and development and implementation of system upgrades to support mission requirements.
- **DUTIES REFLECT WORK ASSIGNED AT THE FULL PERFORMANCE (GS-11) GRADE LEVEL. DUTIES ASSIGNED AT AN ENTRY GRADE OF GS-07 OR GS-09 WILL BE DEVELOPMENTAL IN NATURE.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613466900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.