This position is located within the Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), ITOPS, End User Operations, District Operations, Area Operations, at a Veterans Administration duty location within the U.S. The incumbent serves as a primary advisor and point of contact to the Area senior IT executive manager and management officials on information management (IM) issues and IT projects under development or planned for the serviced organization(s).Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
803-Product Support Manager
805-IT Program Auditor
411-Technical Support Specialist
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This announcement is non-bargaining and may close early once an adequate pool of 50 eligible applicants is reached.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: Telework Eligible - Yes as determined by agency policy)
Duty Location Status: Will work from a VA owned or leased space
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Specialist/ PD17042A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site.
Supervisory Probationary Period: Applicants selected for this position may be required to serve a one-year supervisory probationary period. Failure to successfully complete the supervisory probationary period will result in the employee being reassigned to a position in the agency of no lower grade and pay than the one the employee left to accept the supervisory or managerial position.
- Diagnose and resolve customer reported system incidents, problems, and events
- Install and configure hardware, software, and peripheral equipment for system users in accordance with organizational standards
- Install and maintain network infrastructure device operating system software (e.g., IOS, firmware)
- Troubleshoot system hardware and software
- Develop methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts
- Provide ongoing optimization and problem-solving support
- Review or conduct audits of information technology (IT) programs and projects
- Perform needs analysis to determine opportunities for new and improved business process solutions
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613449700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.