We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner. We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse. We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place. Come join the team!
One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Inspector General, Office of Management, Information Technology Directorate. The Information Technology Directorate provides software development, infrastructure and technical support services along with information security, records, and property management.
The ideal candidate will perform the following duties:
- Works with users to convert business needs into technical system requirements
- Works with other system developers to design, develop, and test applications to assure systems quality, conformance to the OIG enterprise architecture, and the integration of appropriate information security controls
- Serves as a Contracting Office Representative to prepare or evaluate contractor work scope, funding requests, performance schedules, milestones, and deliverables for system development projects and thereby, ensure that work is appropriate, well-planned, and performed in a cost-effective manner
- Demonstrates skill in applying database management concepts, principles, and methods including database logical and physical design
- Other duties including developing user and technical documentation, preparing formal documents to support investment management decisions and fulfil security requirements, developing training materials, conducting user-training sessions, and supporting other team members, as necessary.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613400600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.