This position is located in the Department of Veteran Affairs. The Veterans Service Representative (VSR) works as an employee in the Veterans Service Center (VSC) or Pension Management Center (PMC). The VSR explains benefit program and entitlement criteria, conducts interviews, identifies issues, gathers relevant evidence, adjudicates claims, and inputs data necessary to generate the award and notification letter,Learn more about this agency
Primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Makes determinations as to the eligibility for the type of benefit sought to include questions relating to adequacy of military service, medical evidence, and the evaluation of evidence of income, employability, dependence, and relationship.
- Requests examinations, re-examination, or opinions to evaluate disabilities resulting from diseases or injuries.
- Reviews claims cases to assure all issues have been addressed, applies, and interprets VA laws, including veterans' case law, existing statutes and procedures, precedent rulings, and state law in the adjudication process.
- May conduct interviews in person or by phone with veterans, representatives, and advocates to explain the full range of VA benefits and related programs.
- Prepares and releases correspondence for use by other federal, state, and local agencies.
- Utilizes various electronic data processing (EDP) systems to input data for processing claims and generating automated correspondence.
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday through Friday
TELEWORK ELIGIBLE: Yes per Agency guidelines. This IS NOT a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: Veterans Service Representative (VSR)/37300A, 37301A, 37233A
Physical Requirements: The work normally involves mental rather than physical exertion.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613377200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.