This position is located in the Department of Veteran Affairs,Veterans Service Center. The Rating Veterans Service Representative (RVSR) works as a member of one of the processing teams (e.g., IPC, Pre-Determination, Rating, Appeals, etc.) established in the Veterans Service Center (VSC) or Special Mission.Learn more about this agency
Primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzes claims to determine if diseases and/or injuries were incurred or aggravated by military service in the line of duty for purposes of compensation, treatment, or hospitalization.
- Determines service-connection, percentage of disability, permanent and total disability, and entitlement to compensation, pension, burial, dependency indemnity compensation, special monthly compensation and vocational training, medical and dental treatment, automobiles, or other conveyances, insurance, specially adapted housing, dependent education allowances, and other ancillary benefits.
- Assures proper application of the Rating Schedule and other applicable instructions; fully accountable for proper analysis, appropriate development, and final rating determinations.
- May directly communicate and interact with Veterans and their representatives/advocates to facilitate timely, proper decisions. As dictated by the circumstances of each case, the RVSR may conduct interviews or hearings in person or by telephone with Veterans, eligible individuals, representatives, and advocates to obtain or clarify information.
- Communicates with VSRs and other employees in the regional office, employees of VA medical centers, and other regional offices.
- Actively participates in meetings, assists with training, and is expected to lend his/her expertise in developing VSRs' skills as they relate to evidence gathering for rating decisions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday through Friday
TELEWORK ELIGIBLE: Yes, per Agency guidelines. This IS NOT a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Veterans Service Representative (Rating)/ 603188, 1270188
Physical Requirements: The work normally involves mental rather than physical exertion.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613332100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.