The OIG, named the Best Place to Work in DOJ, offers telework and excellent work-life flexibilities and encourages Schedule A and diverse applicants. The Investigations Division (INV) investigates alleged criminal violations and misconduct that govern DOJ employees, operations, grantees, and contractors. Annually INV receives more than 13,000 complaints, opens approximately 250 investigations, and makes an average of over 90 arrests.Learn more about this agency
This position is in the Immediate Office, Hotline Operations Branch under the Investigations Division located in Washington, DC.
If you are selected as an Investigative Specialist, your responsibilities would include, but would not be limited to: investigating allegations of bribery, fraud, abuse, and violation of civil rights and other laws, policies, and procedures that govern DOJ employees. Typical work assignments include:
- Monitors the OIG Hotline, receiving allegations made through the Hotline phone; documents in writing the allegations or complaints received; interviews the complainant; and distributes the case to the appropriate DOJ/OIG field office or DOJ Component to initiate an inquiry/investigation.
- Inputs allegations into an automated tracking system and maintains statistics on Hotline calls, mail and operations; provides periodic statistical reports from that data.
- Analyzes and evaluates a full range of complicated criminal case information including incomplete background facts, research records, and compiles information for reports, verifies case related information through the use of investigative activities.
- Sets up and monitors the proper functioning of a suspense system to disseminate accurate information.
- Maintains the confidentiality and security of sensitive information and material located in the office, maintaining accountability over sensitive subject matter and criminal investigative files, to meet current needs and demands for material.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613274600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.