The USPS OIG is seeking a highly qualified applicant to fill our Deputy Assistant Inspector General (DAIG) position for the Research and Insights Solution Center (RISC) located in Arlington, Virginia.Learn more about this agency
As the principal advisor to the Assistant Inspector General (AIG) for the Research and Insights Solution Center (RISC), the Deputy Assistant Inspector General (DAIG) will be responsible for overseeing personnel, optimizing resources, and providing strategic direction and influence over several analytics, research, and operational support directorates.
Candidates will be evaluated on the skills that they possess that are directly related to the duties of the position and the experience, education and training that indicate the applicant's ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position. Only those candidates who meet all qualification and eligibility requirements and who submit the required information by 11:59 PM EST on 09/24/2021 will be considered.
The USPS OIG uses a Pay Banding system, which is equivalent to the Federal GS scale. Grade and salary determinations will be made based upon a candidate's education and professional experience.
This position is being advertised at the IGES Band level, equivalent to the Senior Executive Service (SES). The salary range for this position is $132,552.00 - $199,300.00.
Please note that the duties and responsibilities associated with this position may vary based upon the agency's needs at the time of hire. The following description of major duties and responsibilities is only intended to give applicants a general overview of the expectations.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Addresses key issues impacting RISC, including organizational, operational, economic, strategic, technological, and administrative factors.
- Oversees RISC program planning and evaluation activities by establishing (1) long-range planning in connection with prospective changes in functions and programs; (2) periodic and comprehensive evaluation of program goals and objectives; and (3) adjustments or redefinitions of broad objectives.
- Formulates recommendations on organizational improvements, to include (1) assessing the need for changes in organizational structure and/or delegated authority; (2) recommending measures for improving coordination among subordinate units and components; and (3) establishing processes and control measures needed to provide support to leadership and/or management.
- Addresses employees' developmental needs by providing opportunities which maximize employees' capabilities and contribute to the achievement of organizational goals, while also developing the management team through coaching and mentoring.
- Provides leadership in setting the expected performance levels of the workforce commensurate with RISC's strategic objectives, to include promoting quality through effective use of the OIG's performance management system.
- Oversees the allocation of RISC financial resources, budgetary process, procurement and contracting processes, and staffing needs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613121000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.