This position is part of the Organization of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The incumbent leads Modeling and Simulation (M&S) planning efforts during joint training exercises and act as a subject matter expert for Joint and service Modeling and Simulation, to include Joint Live, Virtual and Constructive (JLVC) training.Learn more about this agency
As a MODELING AND SIMULATION EVENT PLANNER at the GS-0301-12 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Designs and implements M&S architectures to support JS J7 Joint and Coalition training exercises.
- Ensures that the M&S architectures are robust while having the flexibility to be reconfigured quickly to support emergent requirements.
- The M&S Event Planner is responsible planning, integration, operation and maintenance of M&S systems and federations of M&S systems in support of multiple annual combatant command and Service Joint training events.
- During exercises, assists the technical director for the Joint Exercise Control Group (JECG) and provides recommendations to the military, contractor and governmental matrixed team that establishes and provides reliable M&S systems to the JS J7 training staff and joint, Service and coalition exercise training audiences both in garrison and to deployed austere environments.
- Analyzes and refines M&S and C4 support of JNTC events, and JS J7 operations, crises and contingencies.
- Maintains liaison with the M&S systems architects of the Services, agencies and Unified Commands on issues concerning new technology/enhancements relative to exercise/contingency operations support.
- Represents JS J7 in conferences and meetings with the Joint Staff, Unified Commands, Department of Defense, Services and others involved in joint exercises and contingency support on matters concerning JS J7 involvement.
- Provides administrative assistance as required to the Chief, Technical Teams Branch.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613064800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.