This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Surface Forces Logistics Center (SFLC), Business Operations Division (BOD), Baltimore, Maryland.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as an Assistant Information Systems Security Officer (AISSO) and Security Control Assessor (SCA), responsible for ensuring the cybersecurity position, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools Information Systems, Platform Information Technology (PIT) and Platform Information Technology Systems (PITS) across the Coast Guard Surface Domain of 240 cutters and over 1,800 boats.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team.
- Reviewing of PIT /PITS Security Authorization process packages as the SCA for the Coast Guard Surface Domain (i.e., all cutters and boats).
- Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools as an Information Security (INFOSEC) specialist within the SFLC-BOD.
- Displaying knowledge of the CG Security Authorization Process guidance documents, the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), messages and instructions, and applies these guidelines to the conduct of CG Security Authorization Process efforts.
- Conducting IT strategic planning and project management activities.
- Facilitating teams in conducting analyses, developing goals, objectives, and strategies, and in other strategic, tactical, and business planning activities.
- Developing, and implementing project management procedures, tools, templates, activities, and infrastructure.
- Recommending, designs, develops, and implements marketing policies and! program strategies to promote information technology (IT) services and products.
- Monitoring the performance of a variety of duties related to information technology (IT) projects involving program-related issues that contain complicating elements.
Occasional travel - 1 - 5 days per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613046900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.