This is the position of Astrophysicist (Post-Doctoral Research Fellow) in the High Energy Astrophysics Division. The purpose of this position is to train postdoctoral researchers to conceive, plan and conduct highly specialized research in astrophysics. The incumbent will be expected to perform scholarly research and participate in making contributions to the physical fields of science.Learn more about this agency
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct a program of research and scholarship in the area of AGN / host galaxy interaction and feedback under the supervision and direction of the Principal Investigator
- Assists in the development of software and procedures of the reduction, analysis and interpretation of data as needed; or assists in the development of analytical methods and/or software to model physical processes and conditions; or assists in the development of scientific instrumentation for the collection of data, as needed.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which engaged, for example prepare papers for publication in scientific journals, prepare and present findings at scientific meetings, as required.
- Support, as required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of your research group, School and Institute.
- Mentor and assist, as appropriate and as directed, the research graduate students in your area of research.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel to scientific conferences, to observing facilities and/or technical collaboration meetings may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612907900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.