This position is located in GAO's Science, Technology Assessment, & Analytics (STAA) Team, Innovation Lab. The STAA is devoted to enhancing & expanding its support to Congress in conducting technology assessments, oversight of federal science and technology programs, & development of innovative analytical techniques in carrying out audits and evaluations. The Innovation Lab aims to meet Congress's growing need to understand the science and technology of the future. To learn more visit: STAALearn more about this agency
The STAA, Innovation Lab is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a Data Scientist to perform the following:
- Works on data science projects in support of GAO's mission.
- Applies theoretical knowledge to solve data science problems. If emerging technologies or new data science skills are needed, employee learns and implements them through training courses or on-the-job training.
- Uses data science techniques such as Machine Learning (ML), natural language processing (NLP), mathematics, statistics, algorithm development, geospatial analysis, graph-based network modeling, and data visualization to produce cohesive solutions.
- Identifies disparate impacts, model biases, and performance issues for models created by the Lab.
- Uses common data science tools such as scripted languages; Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and analytics platforms; data visualization tools; and automation tools.
- Develops well-documented and repeatable data extraction programs.
- Participates in agile team culture of the Innovation Lab.
- Identifies deficiencies in problem statements, proposed approaches, and/or data access issues for Innovation Lab projects.
- Supports Assistant Director and fellow Innovation Lab colleagues in project management and acquisition project management.
- Contributes to problem definition, review, revision, and execution of Innovation Lab projects.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612820100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.