This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Office of Resource Management (ORM), Contracts and Grants Division, located in Washington, District of Columbia.Learn more about this agency
*This announcement will remain open for 10 business days OR until the first 250 applications have been received, whichever occurs first*
- Lead/conduct pre/post-award contract functions including issuing solicitations, negotiation, cost/price analysis, and administration of contract for services, supplies, construction, architect-engineering services, equipment and/or commodities.
- Use Unlimited Warrants and act as a Contracting Officer on contracts that are critical to the success of the division and/or organization.
- Incorporate the required Federal Acquisition Regulations, Health and Human Services Acquisition Regulation, Code of Federal Regulations and other governmental regulations and policies in solicitations and contracts.
- Serve as lead negotiator conducting negotiations with offerors within a competitive range for contract solicitations.
- Assign workloads to ensure successful execution across Contracting team members; ensure workload is equally distributed; and assist in implementing lessons learned from major procurements/contracts to continuously improve operations.
- Develop strategic plans with program officials to provide effective and efficient financial assistance management and contract management support.
- Ensure receipt of proposals and/or applications adhere to required time limits and are handled properly.
- Plan work to be accomplished by team members to include setting/adjusting short-term priorities; preparing schedules for completion of work; and assigning work based on scope of work, level of difficulty, and capability of team members.
- Evaluate work performance of team members to provide feedback; and review/approve work products completed by team members.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 20% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612802400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.