EPA Office of Inspector General provides independent, objective and impactful oversight to detect and deter fraud, waste, and abuse in EPA programs and operations. The OIG strives for continuous improvement in the efficiency, and effectiveness of the EPA OIG’s management and programs operations. OIG staff are respected and sought after by the Agency and other federal entities. OIG is an agent of positive change the choice for driving accountability and trust in federal programs.Learn more about this agency
The Office of Special Program Review and Evaluation has a multidisciplinary workforce that designs and implements nationwide investigations and evaluations, seeking to improve the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of EPA programs by, among other things, detecting and preventing fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement and enhancing program effectiveness.
- Oversee and assist in the planning, developing, directing, and execution of administrative investigations and evaluations, ensuring that EPA senior officials, contractors, grantees, programs, and operations comply with regulatory, and ethical obligations, including appropriate whistleblower obligations for contractors and grantees.
- Provide executive leadership over Off ice of Special Program Review and Evaluation Supervisors and staff to accomplish the OIG mission and IG Act by, among other things, ensuring that the off ice produces high-quality written products in a timely manner, as well as tracking the off ice’s operations and outcomes, to include actions by the EPA based on OSPRE reports and recommendations.
- Develop and motivate staff to perform and contribute high-quality and timely work products and deliverables by setting clear expectations, providing feedback, and facilitating opportunities.
- Maintain a broad based, multi-media understanding of environmental programs, policies and operations.
- Provide summaries of activities for use in the IG’s semi-annual report to congress and reviews for accuracy and sufficiency.
Occasional travel - Less than 25%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612689800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.