Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Communications Directorate for the Bureau of Land Management, Salt Lake City, UT. Information about Salt Lake City and the surrounding area can be found here.
We expect to fill one vacancy at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- Serves as the principle advisor to the program staff and leadership on all public affairs matters.
- Instructs management and staff on their roles and responsibilities regarding release of information.
- Required to communicate BLM policy to those with conflicting points of view.
- Responds to media and public inquiries on a wide variety of BLM responsibilities and activities.
- Serves as a point of contact for media and the development of responses to media inquiries for national programs and leadership.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612627900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.