About the Position: Serves as member of a team of archivists, archaeologists, and anthropologists conducting assessments of archival materials, in accordance with the Mandatory Center of Expertise for the Curation and Management of Archaeological Collections (MCX CMAC) protocols and standards; for facilities holding archival and archaeological collections with particular attention to significant historical documents; and, provides recommendations for deaccessioning of collections.Learn more about this agency
- Performs original organization and modified cataloging of archival materials and archaeological associated documentation in appropriate formats and transfers information to local databases or authority files.
- Uses standard cataloging rules to catalog and process material in a variety of formats.
- Provides reference and research assistance to MCX CMAC personnel, customers, and contractors.
- Interviews and interacts with customers to establish user needs.
- Develops databases and archival finding aids to meet user needs.
- Performs assessments of customers' records (archival and non-archival) and provides recommendations for managing the records and making them more accessible for research.
- Responsible for coordination with project leader to ensure proper evaluation techniques are utilized in the field and that the evaluation is reported according to MCX CMAC protocols and standards.
- Assists with the electronic document systems, the archival preservation of electronic media, and applicable professional standards for these materials.
- Assists with digitization (scanning or photographic capture) of historical documents and site set up and training for such work.
- Writes and presents information about specific military engagements, historical military equipage and uniforms, and gives an overall context of significant historical documents to users, researchers, and the public.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/612627200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.